Friday, July 23, 2010

Follow Your Heart

Day 2

Just like every new parent I read a lot of the ‘how to’ books for my first born, ‘Is Your Horse a Rockstar?’. Then I realized that all this professional information just seems to make you question every decision you make. What started out as excitement and love became an arduous task. For this child I am going to try just using my intuition or my heart. I want her to grow up to be whatever she needs to be without me molding and shaping her every inch of the way. We eventually realize that things will be what they need to be and the answer we see from our little perspective down here is at most times pretty limited. How can we find the new perspective from reading old material?

I confess I took a look at one of the sites on how to blog. It said I needed to list as many topics as I thought I could write about. It said I needed to include all these certain words if I wanted a search engine to pick it up. It said I needed to schedule time everyday for the blog. It said I needed to spend more time reading others blogs than I spent writing my own. It said I needed to research the name, do I use .com or .org. or net. It said I needed to do all these things if I hoped to be successful. Successful? What did that mean in terms of writing a blog? Wasn’t I doing this because something in my soul/body wanted to get out? But after reading this I was overwhelmed and a tiny bit ‘a scared’. Was I up for this task?

Then I realized, that is exactly what happens to horse owners. They buy a horse because they love them. They see the beauty. Something on a soulful level is calling them and they just want more of the experience and then along comes a professional in the form of a book or an instructor that tells them all the things they need to do differently so that they can get their horse to do his things differently and soon the relationship is a long ways down the priority list. That soulful experience is gone.


What does it look like without that ‘help’? Can I trust myself to just follow my heart and do what FEELS right? This is the new journey we are stepping into with our horses. Can we step into our feelings and let that be our guide. Can we have a real relationship with horses rather than one that we have been told we need to have? New horse owners are showing me that this is the new journey. This is the next step. This blog is how I want to record their journey. We’d love it if you wanted to take the trip with us and join in with your experiences any time you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment